So now you can finally go and tell your mom, girlfriend, or wife to relax cause all this game playing is making me smarter, more sociable and career minded with goals.
I don’t know about you but I will be using this the next time someone tells me you need to stop playing all those d**n video games cause they’re rotting your brain.
A new study published by Twitch challenges many of the long-held stereotypes of gamers and shows that gamers may lead more social lives than their non-gaming peers and gamers are better educated.
The report shows that, among the people polled:
- 57% of gamers think that their friends are the most important parts of their lives, as opposed to 35% of non-gamers;
- 67% of gamers feel positively about their career aspirations, while only 48% of non-gamers feel positively;
- 45% of gamers feel that they are working in the career they desired, as opposed to only 37% of non-gamers;
- 76% of gamers believe that it is important to have a positive impact on society, contrasted with only 55% among non-gamers;
- 61% of gamers use tablets, while only 29% of non-gamers do.
A section of the study also details how gamers are increasingly turning to online platforms to be social, and, according to the report, “[Twitch] is the social platform where they gather.”
Tell us what you think! I would like to hear from all you guys on this one…
When was the last time some one forced you to stop playing?